CAWS North Dakota
Bismarck, North Dakota
About CAWS North Dakota
The CAWS ND organization, or the Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence in North Dakota, is a statewide, membership-based non-profit coalition dedicated to addressing and combating domestic and sexual violence. Their mission revolves around providing leadership and support in the identification, intervention, and prevention of these forms of violence.
CAWS ND offers crucial support to local crisis intervention centers, ensuring victims and their families receive the necessary resources and tools. Additionally, CAWS ND takes proactive steps by coordinating annual public awareness events, educating and training professionals and advocates, and providing vital information and resources to the general public to heighten awareness and understanding. The organization’s impact extends beyond awareness, as it actively forges partnerships and works to shape public policies, creating a safer environment and much-needed support for victims.
The role of the Executive Director of CAWS North Dakota is to lead a dynamic and survivor-centered organization while partnering with 19 member programs to advance essential work related to domestic violence and sexual assault policy, training, and empowerment at both the state and national levels.
The next Executive Director will have substantial opportunities to build upon a history of supporting survivors and to drive both internal and external growth. Ideal candidates will possess strong staff and partnership development skills, along with a strategic focus to enhance the organization’s influence and, ultimately, transform the lives of individuals impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS
The Executive Director will be responsible for achieving success in the areas of Operational Leadership, Strategic Leadership, Organizational Culture and Employee Well-Being, Communication Excellence, and Financial Stewardship
Efficiently and effectively manage the day-to-day operations, ensuring alignment with goals, compliance with legal and internal policies, and the optimization of resources for maximum impact.
Execute a strategic plan that aligns with the organization’s mission and ensures long-term sustainability while building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, including member programs, partner organizations, and policymakers.
Organizational Culture and Employee Well-Being
Ensure the cultivation of a positive, inclusive, and high-performing organizational culture that aligns with the mission and values of the organization, while also prioritizing the well-being and professional growth of all staff members.
Maintain communication excellence by effectively conveying information and actively listening to staff, board members, and external stakeholders, ensuring clarity, consistency, and transparency in all interactions.
Ensure the fiscal health of the organization, including budgeting, financial reporting, grant management, and resource allocation.
IS THIS ROLE THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU?
The ideal candidate for the position will match as many of the qualifications as possible listed in the bullets below:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related or relevant field
- 5-10 years of senior management experience, with a strong commitment to the professional development of staff and a successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team
- A background in social justice issues and a strong understanding and passion for working against oppression and advancing empowerment
- Significant experience working with a board of directors
- Ability to oversee a budget; fiscal management experience is required
- Experience with government, foundation, and corporation grants
- Significant experience in building philanthropic support
- Demonstration of a high level of emotional intelligence, intellectual curiosity, and desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams, and managing conflict
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson and relationship builder.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and to build collaboration with the community at large
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Individual must pass background check and have valid driver’s license.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
CAWS North Dakota offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary based on experience starting at $95,000+
Sagency, an executive search and leadership consulting firm, has been retained by CAWS North Dakota to conduct this search for their next Executive Director. Sagency consultants will review and evaluate all interested parties to help the hiring team review a final group for consideration.
The search will be conducted in a professional manner and all potential candidates will be given consideration by the search firm and CAWS North Dakota. Candidate conversations and information will be handled with great discretion and confidentiality. Sagency and CAWS North Dakota are equal-opportunity employers.
If after reading this Opportunity Profile, you feel that your experience, skills, and passion are a good match for the organization and this role, we would like to engage with you. Please read below for the first part of the application and selection process.
The first five steps of the application and selection process:
Step 1: Interested candidates complete the online application, which can be found at APPLY – Executive Director CAWS ND
- Upload your resume and cover letter.
- The online application will be posted until the position is filled.
Step 2: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant may schedule an initial phone call with qualified applicants.
Step 3: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant will schedule a 60-minute interview with specific candidates.
Step 4: If you are selected and choose to move on to interviews with the search committee, you will be asked to complete an online assessment.
Step 5: First-round interviews with CAWS North Dakota.
Please get in touch with Tami Kilzer at 701.371.3324, email@example.com, with any questions or inquiries. Thank you for your time and your interest in this role.