Position Title: Member Services Specialist
Salary Range: $20.38-$24.70/hour plus benefits
Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt
Applications due: September 19, 2018
CAWS North Dakota is a membership based non-profit domestic violence and sexual assault coalition. Our mission is to provide leadership and support in the identification, intervention and prevention of domestic and sexual violence. Our work is focused on 1) providing support, resources and tools to local crisis intervention centers working with victims and their families 2) Coordinating annual public awareness events 3) educating and training professionals and advocates on the issues of sexual and domestic violence 4) Providing information and resources to the general public regarding domestic and sexual violence 5) Building institutional partnerships and shaping public policy and 6) promoting healthy relationships and nonviolence through prevention.
- In coordination with the other coalition staff and local program staff, identify program training and support needs, and provide trainings and capacity building support to address identified areas.
- Provide technical assistance to and consultation with local service providers. Technical assistance includes on-site support and training, telephone response and support, and provision of resource materials. Technical assistance includes meeting with all new agency directors of domestic violence programs.
- Provide expertise and assistance to the member programs to enhance efforts in collaborations with allied organizations.
- Research, develop and disseminate promising practice models, policies, procedures, forms, and information in the areas of programs and services, agency development, underserved populations and other related areas as needed.
- Remain current on new and proven models and options for expanding and enhancing local program services relating to domestic violence which includes, but is not limited to: domestic and sexual violence services; program standards; policies and best practices; mobile advocacy; role of an advocate; abuse through technology; teen dating violence; housing options; and system advocacy, inclusiveness and accessibility.
- Work with member programs to update, maintain and enhance membership guidelines related to intervention and prevention services.
- Identify, research, and distribute new tools, materials, and guidance that relate to enhancing services for local programs.
- Provide coordination and facilitation of the new Executive Directors training for local program including developing and facilitating training and technical assistance on organizational capacity and other topics related to successful leadership/management of an organization
- In collaboration with the executive director or other coalition staff, coordinate site visits and specialized technical assistance to new ED’s across the state.
- Assist member organizations in developing effective grant writing and management strategies; share resources and provide technical assistance.
- Assist in development and creation of written materials for publication. Edit, proofread, and screen materials as assigned. Train as needed, explain procedures, and assist in the solution of problems identified by members.
- Lead and participate in staff meetings and group meetings regarding specific projects.
B.A. or B.S degree in social justice or social service related field and/or at least two years of experience or demonstrated understanding of sexual and domestic violence.
Experience in training curriculum development, training adults and group facilitation.
Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage several projects at once.
Demonstrated understanding of sexual assault and related issues including service delivery for victims.
Excellent communication skills.
Self- motivated; able to work independently
Flexibility to do some traveling in state and occasionally out of state.
To Apply, Send cover letter and resume by September, 19 2018 to:
521 E. Main Ave. Suite 250
Bismarck, ND 58501
701 or 888-255-6240