Position Title: Domestic Violence Program Coordinator
Salary Range: $19.88-$27.25/hour plus benefits
Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt
Applications Due: May 16, 2019
CAWS North Dakota is a membership based non-profit domestic violence and sexual assault coalition. Our mission is to provide leadership and support in the identification, intervention and prevention of domestic and sexual violence. Our work is focused on 1) providing support, resources and tools to local crisis intervention centers working with victims and their families 2) Coordinating annual public awareness events 3) educating and training professionals and advocates on the issues of sexual and domestic violence 4) Providing information and resources to the general public regarding domestic and sexual violence 5) Building institutional partnerships and shaping public policy and 6) promoting healthy relationships and nonviolence through prevention.
This position is responsible for overseeing and monitoring statewide domestic violence services and policies, assisting local programs with training to help develop advocacy skills in staff, and acting as a liaison with criminal justice system partners including SAVIN, the ND Supreme Court (protection order system, relationships/training for clerks, other court personnel).
- Initiate and oversee activities relating to direct/intervention domestic violence services on state and national levels
- Direct oversight of the Department of Justice domestic violence grant and the Department of Human Services/Child Support Access and Visitation grant
- Coordinate Advocacy Practices within direct service programs
- Provide technical assistance to advocates in coordination with Member Services Coordinator and Sexual Assault Program Coordinator
- Coordinate and facilitate new advocate training /orientation
- Monitor and advocate within the criminal justice systems (Protection Orders and SAVIN)
- Co-plan and facilitate Legal Issues and Advanced Legal Issues training for advocates
- Facilitate a peer to peer network for advocates
- Organize and facilitate the Shelter committee meetings
- Coordination with Victim Witness Association including training, networking, etc.
- Staff the Supervised Parenting Time (Visitation) Network
- Monitor and advise of statewide issues affecting advocates/survivors
B.A. or B.S degree in social justice or social service related field and/or at least two years of experience or demonstrated understanding of sexual and domestic violence including service delivery for victims.
Experience in training curriculum development, training adults and group facilitation.
Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage several projects at once.
Excellent communication skills.
Self- motivated; able to work independently.
Flexibility to do some traveling in state and occasionally out of state.
Send cover letter and resume by May 16, 2019 to:
521 E. Main Ave. Suite 250
Bismarck, ND 58501
701 or 888-255-6240