DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CRISIS CENTER
~ EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ~
Responsible for the mission, vision, strategic direction, and overall operations of the Domestic Violence Crisis Center, providing organizational leadership with an emphasis on growth of services and programs through fundraising and grants, public education and awareness, personnel and program management. Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with the laws of the State of North Dakota and consistent with the program personnel policies.
FISCAL & GRANT MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for budgeting, financial planning, allocation of funds, and fiscal management.
- Oversee coordination of grant services, including but not limited too; grant applications, reports, reimbursement requests and data management.
- Report to the board concerning program activities and client services, prepare written monthly statements to the board and assist the Executive committee in coordination/planning for board meetings.
- Planning, execution, and control of the programs and services, and for implementing the goals outlined by the Board of Directors.
- Administrative liaison between the staff and the Board of Directors and to provide representation of the staff at the Board and Committee meetings.
- Acts as or delegates staff representation on Foundation Board
- Acts as contract manager for the Family Crisis Center
- Provide new board orientation
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision, training, development, evaluation, and termination of staff in conjunction with supervisors.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to keep the staff informed as to the progress of programs and to keep the lines of communication open.
- Collect and approve time sheets of designated staff
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and maintain a process for regular program review with board, staff and clients: regularly review client forms and procedures with staff.
- Evaluate and enhance DVCC’s programs based on client data, financial resources, staffing and community needs.
- Act as contract manager for Family Crisis Center
- Develop, implement, and maintain program procedures and handbook.
FUNDRAISING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Be the primary representative of DVCC with the public by developing and maintaining contact with the community through public education and strategic networking.
- Serve as DVCC’s official representative to the North Dakota Council on Abused Women’s Services, Coalition against Sexual Assault in North Dakota, and other relevant committees.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with government and community agencies, human services professionals, law enforcement, volunteers and other key constituents.
- Responsible for all media resources and external communications.
- Develop public awareness of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking issues primarily in North Dakota, but also on a national level, and an awareness of the programs.
- Research, development, and implementation of an annual operation budget and audit.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service related field with administration experience and at least 10 years’ experience in increasingly responsible roles in non-profit leadership. Master’s degree preferred. Must have demonstrated management, supervision, public relations, fundraising, and human service skills and experience. Understanding of and strong commitment to the mission, goals, and services of the Domestic Violence Crisis Center are essential.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
PO Box 881
Minot, ND 58702 Or
Closing Date: April 30.